Our mission statement is three simple words:
We know we must live a life enhanced and shaped by the Sacraments
The whole liturgical life of the Church revolves around the Eucharist sacrifice and the Sacraments (CCC 1113)
We love God and our neighbour
“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength… Love your neighbour as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.” (Mark 12:30-31)
We serve our Heavenly Father and one another
Serve one another in love (Galatians 5:13)
Guided by our Mission Statement, we aim to:
- develop and care for the whole child through our teaching and sharing of the Catholic faith.
- show our love of God in the way we care and value each other and ourselves.
- aspire and equip children with those skills necessary to become contributing members of society and responsible adults.
- recognise and encourage all pupils’ individual gifts and talents.
- provide an excellent quality of education striving to achieve the very highest standards for all pupils and, at the same time, develop lively critical minds.
- develop each pupil’s appreciation of education as a lifelong and enjoyable process.
- work in partnership with the Parish and families, local schools and community groups recognising that only by working together can the school make its contribution towards the development of committed Christians and active members of the Church.
At St. Edward’s, we uphold and cherish our core values:
- (Love one another as I have loved you – John 13)
- (Let justice flow like a river – Amos 5)
- (An honest witness tells the truth – Proverbs 5)
- (Bear with one another and forgive one another – Colossians 3)
- (For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ – 1Corinthians 12)
- (Be joyful in hope – Romans 12)
We love God, one another and ourselves as we were all created in His image and likeness
We strive for justice to ensure that all people in the world receive their human rights
We are honest and tell the truth always
We apologise when we have done something wrong and forgive those who apologise to us
We stand in solidarity with and give a voice to those who feel lost, hurt and abandoned
We hope for a better world and that we, one day, will see our Father in Heaven